Issue 21.5, Auckland, 7 May 2021
Larry Scharf’s fascination with precious metals began when he was five years old. By the time he was a teenager, he began studying history through numismatics. That led to studying finance and how financial markets work.
Who knew that collecting Lincoln pennies would lead to a career in finance with a focus on gold, silver and other precious metals.
It also led Larry to explore at least 22 mine sites on four continents and to fraternize with Robert Friedland and other top mining industry financiers as well as leaders of multi-national mining companies.
Today, Larry serves as a Senior Vice President of Raymond James Financial. His expertise runs both broad and deep across many financial sectors. He is also a member of Obris and one of my favorite people.
I first met Larry five years ago at an Obris event in Medellin, Colombia. It quickly became evident to me that he understood a great deal about precious metals, mines and investing in this realm. I have been fortunate to spend time with Larry and his wife Fran on several continents.
We are pleased to provide you with a glimpse into Larry’s expertise and passion in precious metals. In our latest podcast, Larry shares his perspective on topics that will benefit existing and aspiring investors.
The topics we discuss include:
- How have your travels, relationships with industry experts, research and analysis shaped your perspective on investing in metals and mining?
- How and why does a person invest in precious metals? What are the different ways to invest?
- What makes mining stocks interesting to investors? What are the risks?
- Are there different types of mining companies?
- What is the outlook for gold and silver?
Please follow the audio or video links below, and let us know what you think. Better yet, come to our next event and meet Larry and our other fascinating members.
Raymond James Financial
& Obris Member